Yapta is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer (DevOps), excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be building, automating and managing the infrastructure for the FareIQ price tracking assurance platform – a solution utilized by some of the biggest travel brands in the world.
You have a drive to learn and investigate new technologies and are relentlessly focused on the customer experience.
You have a strong desire to work on a small team where each member has a lot of ownership and where each individual can make a big impact.
You should be passionate about start-up opportunities, have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features and products and thrive in a fast moving environment. And you want to have fun doing it!
- Design and develop efficient, scalable and reliable Enterprise SaaS solutions for use by some of the largest Travel brands.
- Collaborate with other operations and engineering teammates to deliver scalable, robust, and high-performance systems.
- Automate deployment, provisioning and monitoring tasks.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed for tier 1/2 support issues.
- Ship high quality code in an agile development environment.
- Architect infrastructure, processes and approaches.
- Lead and Mentor other DevOps staff
- Support Corporate IT needs
- Work with program management to understand and map business requirements into technical designs and solutions.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years experience building and managing scalable infrastructure, software or distributed systems for enterprise-grade online services.
- Expert-level experience with Amazon Web Services infrastructure, automation and networking.
- Significant experience architecting and implementing configuration management solutions with Puppet, Chef, SaltStack or similar tools.
- Experience implementing and improving Continuous Delivery concepts
- Strong coding skills in languages such as Python or Java
- Strong Linux system administration experience
- Strong experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, Postgres) and/or NoSQL implementations
- Solid understanding of IP networking technologies, including firewalls, switching, DNS etc. in both virtual (AWS) and physical environments.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, data driven, Agile development environment.
- Strong customer focus, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Prior experience with travel technology and systems a plus.